Why Let Your Cottage with Us?
The Coppermines Lakes Cottages have been involved in property management since 1989. Following the total restoration of the Old Sawmill in the Coppermines Valley, we have gradually added to our own collection of cottages and now look after over 90 properties, sleeping 2-22, in and around Coniston Village and the surrounding Lakeland valleys. We are proud to the one of the last independent agencies remaining in the Lake District.
Here in the Lake District, we enjoy an “all year round” letting season, which is fantastic for holiday home owners. The annual average UK holiday cottage letting season is around 28 weeks per annum, however, the Lake District average season is usually over 38 weeks and we have some cottages within our portfolio that let for 50 weeks of the year.
What we can offer you as one of our owners
Here are just some of the ways we can help you with your holiday let.
- In-house housekeeping/laundry service.
- In-house maintenance service.
- Advice on property design and interior furnishing/how best to present your property.
- Advice on pricing structures to optimise property occupancy.
- Advice on health and safety, legislation and statutory obligations.
- Our local office is open seven days a week (your guests can always talk to us face to face).
- An experienced booking team to deal with enquiries and requests. As a small company, every member of our team gets to know each and every one of our properties.
- Access to on-line owners portal which allows you to view bookings and income.
- Dedicated Customer Relations Manager to handle feedback and complaints.
- A dedicated marketing and web development team.
- Provision of monthly statement of accounts.
- Access to our trusted local contractor database.
We proudly manage over 80 unique properties in Coniston and the surrounding Lakeland Valleys. Our collection is made up of historic mountain retreats, luxurious family homes, quaint village cottages, idyllic country hideaways & contemporary design led apartments. We recognise that no two customers are alike and as such, no two cottages or owners should be. We value the character that each property brings to our portfolio and are proactive in marketing all our properties to the right audience.
Our dynamic team is small, therefore we are able to forge a meaningful rapport with both customers and owners alike. We pride ourselves on knowing each and every one of our properties inside and out, meaning the information we share is always honest and reliable.
Our operations run from our office in Coniston which is open 7 days a week when the office is closed a duty manager (based in Coniston) will always be on standby. We are very much a “hands-on agency” and do try and be contactable 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An assurance that both cottage owners and guests find invaluable.
Whilst we have added to our collection of cottages over time, our ethos remains the same: ‘‘providing self-catering cottages of quality & character combined with exceptional personal service’’. This ethos not only applies to our loyal customer base but also to each and every one of our owners.
Our proactive management team work tirelessly to review and react to market changes, ensuring that our offering, pricing strategy and brand remains competitive within the Lake District holiday letting market.
In order to maximise revenue, our cottages have both Monday and Friday changeover days, enabling weekend and mid-week breaks to work in conjunction with our standard full week breaks. We are one of the only agencies in the Lake District to offer such flexibility.
We are proud to have been part of the Lake District hospitality industry for many years. As a small, local agency situated in a close-knit community we are also heavily involved in sponsoring and donating to many local events and causes such as the annual Coniston 14 road race, Power Boat Speed Records Week & local charities such as Alice’s Escapes.
For more information in regard to letting your holiday cottage please take a look at the information below.