Great Ways to enjoy Coniston in Autumn
Autumn is always so much fun. The start of a new term and looking forward to events like Halloween, Bonfire Night and October half term makes Autumn one of the best times of the year to visit Coniston in the Lake District.
Autumn in Coniston
Bright sunshine days with cool air make Autumn the perfect time to get out and explore the beautiful countryside that surrounds the traditional and quaint village of Coniston in the Lake District. One of the best ways to get around and enjoy the scenery is on a bike and there are some great bike trails that are perfect for the whole family, including a great route from Coniston Boating Centre to the village of Torver.
Other outdoor pursuits include walking or taking a boat out to enjoy the Autumn light on Coniston Water. For those who love art and culture, or on a rainy afternoon, you can visit one of Coniston’s attractions including Brantwood, and the Ruskin Museum.
Autumn Accommodation in Coniston
The best way to enjoy Coniston in the Autumn, for a long weekend, a week or longer is to base yourself in one of the beautiful cottages by the Coppermines. As Coniston accommodation specialists, the Coppermines Cottages have a huge range of cottage accommodation throughout Coniston and the surrounding areas. Coppermines Coniston cottages come in many different sizes and price ranges, meaning you can get the perfect cottage for your group. All the cottages come with the same great service and attention to detail that makes staying in a Coppermines cottage such a joy.
Autumn Advantage in Coniston
One of the biggest reasons people visit Coniston, in the Lake District, in Autumn is so they can enjoy the spectacular colours that lie across the landscape as the seasons change. Some of the best ways we have seen people enjoy these Autumnal colours is by:
- Taking a photography tour through the autumn leaves and capturing the beauty of the season with their cameras.
- Enjoying the crunch of the leaves as you explore new hiking trails.
- Getting set up with paint or pencil and paper to sketch or paint Autumn landscapes in the great outdoors (weather permitting of course).
- Relaxing in a traditional Lakeland pub with roaring fire after a day in the fells.
- Enjoying the taste of the season with local restaurants, pubs and bakeries offering pumpkin spice bakes and apple puds!
- Still enjoying al fresco meals, albeit with a jumper and possibly a nice warm blanket. This can be in a coffee shop, or in your own cottage garden.
- Enjoy the relaxing pace of a Lakeland village after the summer visitors have left.
- Heading out to your own hot tub to relax in the bubbles on a cool but bright autumnal evening.
Coniston in Autumn
Coniston is a stunning village in the heart of the Lake District, and it is beautiful in Autumn. Staying in a Coniston Cottage by the Coppermines is the perfect place to relax with a good book, or exchange adventure stories after a day out on the fells. Many of the cottages have lovely fires and even outdoor hot tubs, making your Autumn stay in Coniston even better.